Student Accident Insurance
Two types of student accident insurance plans are currently available to students in Lakeshore School Division:
Voluntary Student Accident Insurance endorsed by the Manitoba School Boards Association
- Covers all accidents, 24 hours per day, every day during the full policy term
- Applications distributed through the schools or contact the division office to apply online.
- Cost covered by Parents/Guardians
Universal Student Accident Insurance Program
- Provides coverage for ALL students registered in Lakeshore School Division while attending or participating in any school approved activity and when traveling directly to or from any school sponsored activity or attending classes
- Costs covered by public School Divisions
This coverage complements (not replaces) the voluntary student accident insurance coverage, and is excess of benefits provided by Manitoba Health and excess of benefits available to the student under any group benefits program.